Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Big Picture

The Big Picture
Paper cutting using 165gsm paper and penknife
490mm x 350mm



Click on image to zoom

See the big picture? But then you might have to turn it upside down...I tried to make the illusion-thingy but it was an EPIC FAIL. Ok, maybe it wasn't so bad but this one is a paper cutting made by a person who didn't know what he wanted but went with it anyways~ This is what you get.
The idea was to make it look as innocent as possible, but a skull-ish gas mask is revealed when you turn it upside down~ I had no idea what innocent elements to put in, so in came the second idea where I wanted to tackle world issues: poverty, suffering (those sort of things) but then I realized that the skull eyes will get too packed with all the images, and it won't look like a skull no more, so I ended up with cheesy plants and lines that mean nothing. Although I like the hands reachin' out to one another thingy, creepy,no? and kudos if you spot my hand, the one with six fingers, and another one thats giving the finger...hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment