Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Gun Girl

Ola people! This shall be Purely Paper's first official post! Isn't that great? So let me explain to you what Purely Paper is all about. It is another on of my pet projects that will feature works, collaborations and all things related to paper! Simple! Let's start it off with my very first paper chandelier that I did:

The Gun Girl
Paper cutting using 165gsm paper and penknife
515mm x 400mm




























Click on image to zoom


Inspired by a dream, The Gun Girl was my first paper chandelier in my Paper chandelier series.The story of the gun-wielding girl is carved onto a flat piece of paper, from how she came to find the relic, to her epic battles and adventures. It took 2 nights to complete. Why I called it a paper chandelier, I do not know, it was never exactly fashioned to function as one, but it was something that I originally intended (something that I have to rethink about). It basically has the chandelier silhouette. I made mistakes along the way but I managed to improvise and I went along with it, and this would be the flimsiest paperwork I have ever done to date, considering it as my first attempt. I have learnt a lot from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment